Cycling tuition by live video link – worldwide.
How will it work?
Adult video tuition – you will need a friend. Both of you – the learner and the friend – will need a smartphone (safely tucked away in a pocket) with earphones and data. The friend films you as you learn and passes on instructions from the tutor; the learner listens to the tutor’s instructions on the earphones.
Child video tuition – you will need an adult with the child. The adult will need a smartphone with earphones and data. The adult films the child as they learn and passes on instructions from the tutor. If the child is old enough then they may have a smartphone (safely tucked away in a pocket) with earphones and data.
Where the learner is a child or vulnerable adult, we will ensure privacy and security in accordance with our safeguarding policy.
You will need a bike and helmet and to find a suitable location to learn such as a park with good paths. Sessions will normally last one hour.
Full instructions will be issued to you before the session.
One to one cycling tuition means that Pedal Ahead! instructors can pay more time and attention to the things that are holding you back from learning to ride. These things will vary from person to person, and may include:
- body posture, especially the head, and also the chest and shoulders
- positioning of the feet and lower legs
- balance, which is something that everyone can improve
- locomotion skills
- start technique.
Working on these things will improve your self-belief, and also your confidence.
£30 = approximately $39.
What video software do I need?
There are two options:
- Skype – this is the most secure as only you and our tutor can see the images and they are recorded. You will need the Skype app on your phone(s). Skype however is not the most reliable of software and the signal can cut out.
- Jitsi Meet. Jitsi is open source software and you download the Jitsi Meet app for Android or iPhone. No login is required – you set a URL for the video conference. This does mean that in theory anyone could guess the URL and join the video conference. One way to prevent this happening is to use a Strong Password Generator such as Passwords Generator to create a unique URL for the video conference – so you end up with a random URL for your video conference such as https://meet.jit.si/6MqucT instead of one like https://meet.jit.si/JaneDoe that can be easily guessed by someone else. Jitsi is free and has a more reliable signal.
It’s your choice which one you would prefer. Whichever one you decide, we will do a five minute test before the learn to ride session as you don’t want to be messing about with your phone in the park.
If you can’t find the date you want then please contact us and we will do our best to fit you in.